C.E. Course Rescheduled: Understanding Mold in the Restoration Industry (4hr)
Check out this flyer for more information about what you will learn in our CE Course.
Local Agents and Adjusters:
Our CE Course date has been postponed. We are now offering this 4 hour course on May 14th, 2020. We are keeping a close eye on the COVID-19 situation and will make any updates as we get closer to the date.
8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Holiday Inn Express
1943 Blowing Rock Road
Boone, NC 28607
Breakfast snacks, coffee, water, and lunch will be provided
100% Attendance is REQUIRED in order to receive CE Credit for this course.
Sign up using this link: https://forms.gle/nc3HWxP6pt9CCS3y9
Or call Marketing Manager: Leah Wilson at 828-295-2820
See you there!
For Immediate Service in Western NC, Call SERVPRO
Western North Carolina Residents: We provide immediate service day or night!
SERVPRO of Boone provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Avery County, Watauga County, Madison County, Yancey County, and Mitchell County. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 –
Whether your Avery County, Watauga County, Madison County, Yancey County, or Mitchell County home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your Western North Carolina commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services: https://www.SERVPROboone.com/commercial-restoration-cleaning
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
When Storms or Floods hit Boone, SERVPRO is ready!
Our highly trained crews are ready to respond 24/7 to storm or flood damage in Boone and Western North Carolina
SERVPRO of Boone specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Boone, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 828-386-6800
Boone Residents: Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
Be careful! Without proper training, you could be spreading mold throughout your home.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Boone for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Boone specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today –828-386-6800
Boone Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke and Soot Damage Can Cause a Pervasive Odor in Your Boone Home.
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Boone will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today –828-386-6800
Boone, NC 24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
SERVPRO of Boone provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration service in Boone, NC
SERVPRO of Boone is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - (828)-386-6800
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Boone has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Boone
SERVPRO of Boone specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
We are happy to meet your needs! Give us a call today
Does Your Boone Home Have A Mold Problem?
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today –(828)-386-6800
Tips for Emergency Fire Damage
Whether you have fire damage in your home or your business, SERVPRO of Boone is here to help restore your property "Like it never even happened."
In the unfortunate case that a fire takes place at your home or business, keep these tips in mind:
1. Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into carpet and avoid tracking.
2. Keep hands clean. Soot on hands can further soil upholstery walls, and woodwork.
3. If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator completely and prop doors open to help prevent odor.
4. Wipe soot from metal kitchen and bathroom faucets, trim, and appliances.
5. Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting your SERVPRO of Boone Professional.
6. Don't attempt to shampoo carpet, rugs, or upholstered furniture without first consulting with your SERVPRO of Boone Professional.
7. Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances (TV sets, radios, etc.) that may have been close to fire, heat, or water without first consulting an authorized repair service.
Tips to Defend Your Home Against Mold Growth
After a homeowner's kitchen was flooded, mold began to grow in various places throughout the home.
SERVPRO of Boone specializes in Mold Mitigation and Remediation and we are happy to help remove any mold found in your home or business! However, for the safety of you, your loved ones and your home, we would like to provide these tips for defending your home against mold growth:
1. Keep the humidity between 30 and 60 percent
2. Provide for proper drainage away from building foundations.
3. Regularly inspect plumbing and appliances for leaks.
4. Keep gutters and drains clear of debris.
5. Inspect the roof, windows, and other areas where water might enter the building, and perform necessary maintenance.
6. Respond to all water intrusions immediately.
If these safeguards aren't enough to prevent mold growth in your home or business, contact SERVPRO of Boone to assist after a water damage or if you discover mold.
*** Prompt mitigation is vital to avoid mold growth, which can be visible in as little as 24 to 48 hours under certain conditions.***
Tips for Emergency Water Damage
Flood damage in basement caused by leak in kitchen above.
As much as we try to prevent it, sadly sometime water damage in our homes or businesses is inevitable. So what do you do if water damage occurs in your space? Here are some tips to help control and contain the damage as much as possible:
1. Shut off the water source if possible or contact a qualified party to stop the water source.
2. Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas to the building when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock.
3. Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
4. Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
5. Move any paintings, art objects, computers, documents, and other sensitive valuables to a dry place.
6. Don't enter affected areas if electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers, or electrical equipment are exposed to water. Always avoid electrical shock hazards.
7. Don't use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water; this could cause electrical shock or damage to the vacuum cleaner.
8. Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet or enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
Do everything you can to keep you and your loved ones safe, then call SERVPRO of Boone and we will help take care of the rest.