Tips to Defend Your Home Against Mold Growth
SERVPRO of Boone specializes in Mold Mitigation and Remediation and we are happy to help remove any mold found in your home or business! However, for the safety of you, your loved ones and your home, we would like to provide these tips for defending your home against mold growth:
1. Keep the humidity between 30 and 60 percent
2. Provide for proper drainage away from building foundations.
3. Regularly inspect plumbing and appliances for leaks.
4. Keep gutters and drains clear of debris.
5. Inspect the roof, windows, and other areas where water might enter the building, and perform necessary maintenance.
6. Respond to all water intrusions immediately.
If these safeguards aren't enough to prevent mold growth in your home or business, contact SERVPRO of Boone to assist after a water damage or if you discover mold.
*** Prompt mitigation is vital to avoid mold growth, which can be visible in as little as 24 to 48 hours under certain conditions.***