Tips for Emergency Fire Damage
In the unfortunate case that a fire takes place at your home or business, keep these tips in mind:
1. Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into carpet and avoid tracking.
2. Keep hands clean. Soot on hands can further soil upholstery walls, and woodwork.
3. If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator completely and prop doors open to help prevent odor.
4. Wipe soot from metal kitchen and bathroom faucets, trim, and appliances.
5. Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting your SERVPRO of Boone Professional.
6. Don't attempt to shampoo carpet, rugs, or upholstered furniture without first consulting with your SERVPRO of Boone Professional.
7. Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances (TV sets, radios, etc.) that may have been close to fire, heat, or water without first consulting an authorized repair service.